Blending Clip-in Hair Extensions With Curly Hair: Here’s How
Curly hair is undeniably gorgeous and can make you stand out from the crowd. They are also described as spontaneous and give a sense of independence. If you have curly hair and use clip-in hair extensions, it could be more challenging to blend the extensions into the hair because they are prone to tangling. However, it is doable! Just follow any of the two processes: heat-free and curling methods.
Using the heat-free method
If you want to achieve stunning mermaid waves, then you may opt for the heat-free method. To use this method, follow these steps:
- First, dampen your clip-in hair extension with clean water. You may also use a mixture of rosemary oil, castor oil and other essential oils. Some people also use a sea salt mixture, which is ideal for those who have coarse or textured hair.
- Then, braid the hair in a three-strand braid. Make bigger braids if you have 2A/2B waves. Make sure to do tighter braids if you have 3C/4A/4B curls. Since most girls with curly hair have various curl patterns, it is recommended to use different sizes of braids on the extensions. This will provide a more beautiful and natural look to your hair.
- Allow your extensions to dry overnight. This will make sure that the curls will settle and look more natural. You do not need to worry if you’re in a hurry because you can always use a hairdryer on the braids to expedite the process.
- After drying the wefts completely, make sure to untie the braids and remove them carefully using a rat-tail comb. Or, you can use your fingers if it’s easier for you.
The Curling Method
This method will also give you luxurious locks. To do this method, follow these steps:
- Make sure not to damage your extensions from the heat by applying a heat protectant.
- Wrap and hold a small section of hair around the barrel using a half-inch curling wand. Allow it to sit for 20-30 seconds and then release the curl. You can cup the curl in your hand’s palm, let it cool down and you’ll see that the curls will maintain their shape.
- After curling the weft, finger comb the curls to loosen them up. Make sure to separate the curls the way you like them, but make sure that they will perfectly match the hair’s texture.
Hair extensions are very safe and won’t damage natural hair. However, wearing them still requires special caution and care. It’s best to ask assistance from a professional to help choose the best extensions that will go well with your curly hair.
Both the methods mentioned above can blend your extensions well with your natural curls, giving you a fabulous look. However, to ensure that you’ll get the best results, you should choose hair extensions of good quality. There are many shops offering a wide array of clip-in hair extensions, but not all of them can give you the look you want. For quality clip-in hair extensions that blend well with your curls, shop at Foxy Locks!
Foxy Locks offers thick clip-in human hair extensions in the UK. Make sure to browse our collection today and find the clip-in hair extension that suits your style!