How to Take Your Ponytail Hairstyle From Day to Night
A classic look, the ponytail will never go out of style no matter where you are or what you’re doing. Whether it’s tackling a tough day as a professional at work or sporting a chic outfit on a night out, this hairstyle can take you from day to night effortlessly. While it might seem like a simple hairdo, there are multiple ways to style a pony whether you want to pull off a casual, sleek, or eye-catching look. However, your hair type, texture, and length may prevent you from achieving the final result you want for your strands. By investing in a good set of clip-in ponytail extensions, you can style a ponytail that’s perfect for the day and rocking at night!
Sleek With Center Parting
A sleek ponytail looks good for most occasions, especially in professional or glamorous settings. It keeps your hair neatly pulled back away from your face and neatly accentuates your features. The centre parting also gives a look of symmetry and balance to the face.
To style your hair into a sleek ponytail with a centre parting, follow these steps:
- Take your tresses through a flat iron before using a rat tail comb to go through the strands.
- Make a centre parting.
- Apply mousse, then brush again with a wide-toothed comb.
- Pull your hair to the nape of your neck
- Tie it neatly, then finish off with hairspray to lock the strands in place.
Don’t forget to clip in your extensions to give the look more volume if needed!
High Ponytail With Volume
Good hair extensions are indistinguishable from your real strands and should be easy to style in a variety of ways, including a high and voluminous ponytail. This is perhaps the most classic and comfortable ponytail hairstyle on this list. When styling your hair for a high ponytail, think of Ariana Grande’s signature look—that’s the goal you should strive to achieve for the most impact! Get Ari’s iconic hairstyle by following these steps:
- Use a flat iron to straighten your hair as well as your hair extensions.
- Apply hair mousse to prevent frizziness.
- Make a small bun at the centre of your crown.
- Secure your clip-in ponytail extensions around the bun.
- Wrap a strand of hair from the extensions around the bun for a natural look.
- Use a good shine spray for glossy looking hair.
For a more fun and interesting look, try incorporating some braids into your ponytail. It’s a trendy hairstyle that many people can pull off to look clean and polished while adding a bit of much-needed texture and variety. When trying out this style, think of how Gigi Hadid does her braided ponytails and try to mimic that.
To achieve this ponytail style, this is what you’ll need to do:
- Start with applying a dry shampoo on your locks to prevent frizzy hair. With this look, your hair must go in one direction, so taming any flyaway strands is a must!
- Use your rat tail comb to gather your hair into a neat high ponytail.
- Tie your ponytail with a rubber band, then wrap your hair extensions to make it thicker and longer.
- Start braiding to blend your real hair with the extensions. Continue braiding three sections of hair until you reach the tip and secure it with another hair tie.
- Spritz on some shine spray to make your hair look extra glossy and smooth.
So elegant, so beautiful!
The ponytail is a simple hairstyle that can offer so much versatility to anybody’s look. It can be sweet and casual, sleek, fun, and glamorous, depending on how you style and tie it. By knowing how to add a set of natural hair extensions to a ponytail, you can elevate your style with longer, thicker, and shinier looking locks!
Are you looking for a good pair of hair extensions for your different looks? At Foxy Locks, we continue to supply clip-in Remy hair, including human hair ponytail extensions. For high-quality human hair ponytail extensions, shop our selection today!