Looking After Your Lashes: The Best False Eyelashes Tips
From creating a bold evening aesthetic to enhancing our daily makeup, defining our eyes with a pair of false eyelashes can completely transform a look. Whether it’s flirty natural lashes or a dark and dramatic pair, when mascara alone just won’t do the job, false lashes help to give both our lashes and our confidence a boost.
Lash lovers, we’ve got you covered. If, like us, you can’t live without the enviable flutter falsies provide, knowing how to take care of them is key. Here at Foxy Locks, we’ve created a guide looking after your lashes, including the best false eyelashes tips for keeping yours in the best condition and getting the most from each wear.
What Are False Eyelashes Made Of?
False eyelashes can be made from a variety of different materials. The cheapest eyelashes on the market tend to be made from a type of plastic, which gives them quite a firm and rigid feel. The best false eyelashes to achieve a more natural feel and appearance are made from higher-quality materials such as faux-mink, silk and Remy human hair.
Silk and faux-mink lashes are softer and more delicate than synthetic alternatives and provide much more flexibility, giving them a far more natural aesthetic. Another premium-grade option is Remy human hair lashes. Considered the finest material available for both hair extensions and lashes, Remy human hair false eyelashes offer the closest likeness to your natural lashes while enhancing their thickness and length. At Foxy Locks, our own false eyelashes are made from premium-grade Remy hair, while the L’amore lashes within our collection are made from luxury silk. As well as providing a superior look, the higher quality of these materials means they last longer than their synthetic equivalents.
How Long Do False Eyelashes Last?
If applied correctly with high-quality eyelash glue, good fake eyelashes should last a full evening. However, if you know you’re going to be wearing them from dinner to drinks or for an extended period, it’s always a good idea to keep some eyelash glue to hand in your purse to top them up and ensure they stay securely in place.
How to Remove False Eyelashes
While removing false eyelashes is easy, the key is being as gentle as possible so as to not damage your natural lashes or your falsies. Avoiding the lash tips in order to keep them intact, pull very gently across your eyelid and they should come away easily. While it can be tempting to leave them on your nightstand (especially after a long night out!) it’s important to put them back in their case to keep them clean and protected.
How Many Times Can You Reuse False Eyelashes?
As long as you take care of your false lashes and keep them in good condition, you can get multiple uses out of them! When you do want to wear them again, simply use tweezers to gently remove any glue residue from your last use. To keep them clean and prevent bacteria build-up, avoid applying mascara directly onto your falsies and always store them in their case until your next wear.
How to Clean False Eyelashes
If your false lashes are in need of a clean, there are a few simple things you can do to get them back to their best. As mentioned, if they have sticky residue from your lash glue, simply remove this very carefully with a pair of pointed tweezers. If makeup has transferred onto them, use a face wipe or eye makeup remover and a cotton bud to very gently remove the residue. Try to avoid oil-based removers, as they can prevent them from sticking down as well during your next use.
Our 10 Best False Eyelashes Tips:
- Always clean your lashes between uses and wash your hands before each application to avoid spreading bacteria into your eyes.
- Before you apply any glue, hold your eyelashes up against your eyes first to ensure they’re the right size.
- If you do have to trim your eyelashes down to size, always do so from the outside edge rather than the inside corner.
- While you should avoid applying mascara to your false lashes, a thin coat of mascara on your natural lashes gives your false lashes something to better adhere to.
- Make your false lashes the last step of your routine to avoid getting makeup on them.
- If you need a little help concealing your lash line, however, a small slick of eyeliner can often do the trick to neaten up your final look.
- The drier the glue, the better it will stick. For the best application, after you’ve applied the glue across the band, gently blow on it and wait around 30 seconds for it get slightly tacky before sticking it down.
- Find your lashes have a tendency to pop up at the corners? Try wrapping the band around your finger first to improve their curve.
- Applying more eyelash glue to each corner can also help ensure they stay in place all night.
- To avoid a gap between your false eyelashes and natural lashes, use tweezers or an eyelash applicator to very gently pinch them down into place for a seamless blend.
Follow our simple false eyelashes tips and you’ll be able to ensure you get the most wear from your favourite pairs. To update your collection, discover our full range of luxurious lashes here at Foxy Locks.