What You Need to Know About Tape-In Hair Extensions
Perhaps the best way to change the way you look is by getting a hair makeover. However, some people are not too keen to commit to a drastic haircut. Because of this, many rely on hair extensions to give them that quick and easy fix.
For people who want to get longer and fuller hair, a great non-committal way to achieve an impressive makeover is by trying out different hair extensions. With tape-in or seamless hair extensions, you’ll have the freedom to rock different hairstyles and colours whenever you please. But of course, it’s worth using high-quality extensions to get the look you desire and to protect your natural hair.
If you’re curious to know more about tape in hair extensions, read on. In this article, we’ll share with you what they are, the benefits and drawbacks, how to use them, and more. Let’s take a look!
What are Tape-In Extensions?
Tape-in hair extensions are attached to your hair’s root using medical-grade tape. This tape is often used to secure and close wounds, along with surgical incisions. Because of this, you trust that your extensions will stay in place and that your hair won’t be moving and going anywhere.
The great thing about tape-ins is that it cuts down the typical time of getting traditional extensions. If you used to sit on a salon chair for hours, you could be out in 30 minutes with tape-ins. Because of this, you can have natural, voluminous hair quickly, and you won’t have to worry about removal and reusing your extensions.
What are the Benefits of Tape-In Hair Extensions?
- Quick Installation: Depending on the type of extensions you want, attaching tape-in extensions will take 30 minutes to an hour at most. So, if you’re looking for a quick fix, this is definitely a strong option.
- Minimal Damage: When you have your extensions attached, you don’t have to worry about any harmful chemicals or treatments. The tape will not damage your hair, especially if it’s medical grade. With that said, this is a great option if you’re trying to recover from hair damage and want to minimize wear and tear in your hair.
- Lower Cost: While this is a cost-effective option to get unique hairstyles and change up your look right away, you should know that high-quality tape-in extensions can be a bit pricier, but it’s definitely worth the buy. Besides, it saves you on numerous trips to the salon, right?
- Natural Look: With tape-in extensions, you’ll get a natural look because it attaches to your hair’s root. This means that you won’t have to worry about looking fake or fussing and playing with your hair to get the look you want. It’s also a good option if you’re looking for tape in extensions to give your hair a quick makeover without having to commit to a new hairstyle.
- Great for Fine Hair: If you have fine hair, a tape-in extension will add a lot of volume and thickness to your hair. So if you’re looking to add more volume and thicken your hair for the time being, it’s worth getting tape-in or seamless hair extensions.
What are the Drawbacks of Using Tape-In Hair Extensions?
- Shorter Wear Time: Tape-in and clip-in hair extensions are known to last anywhere from six to twelve weeks. This is not too bad, but if you’re looking for a longer wear time, this is not for you. So if you’re looking for a one-time thing or if you’re open to experimenting, this is a great option.
- Regular Maintenance is Required: Because extensions will be attached to your hair’s root, it’s important to regularly maintain your hair. Skin oils and debris can build up on the extensions, adding more work for you. With that said, always ensure you clean your hair extensions and comb them thrice a day.
- Changes in Your Hair Routine: It might not be best to wash your hair regularly when you’re wearing hair extensions. Because of this, you’ll need to shift your routine and start using dry shampoo at the time being to ensure you minimize damage and hair fall.
How Do You Use Tape-In Hair Extensions?
First, you’ll need to get the right kind of extensions for your hair. It’s important to use high-quality tape-in extensions to get the best results, such as Foxy Locks. After which, you can then attach your hair extensions.
Make sure you start with clean and detangled hair and section it evenly. You’ll want to attach the extensions as if you’re making a sandwich, taping your hair between two extensions. By doing this, you add volume and length in a more natural way.
Once you’ve done that, you can now style your hair by using a flat iron to straighten the section of your hair or curling iron for glamorous waves.
How Do I Take Care of My Tape-In Hair Extensions?
One of the most important things you can do to ensure your tape-in extensions last longer is to make sure you maintain your extensions and hair on a regular basis. You’ll want to use the right shampoo and consider and use warm water to clean your extensions. After that, you’ll want to air dry them, and once they’re dry, that’s the only time you can brush through them.
The Bottom Line: Getting Tape-In Hair Extensions is a Quick Way to Get Glamorous, Voluminous Hair
While tape-in extensions might only last a few weeks, it’s still a quick and easy option to get fantastic, salon-ready hair. All you need to do is to look for the right type of hair extensions, practice proper maintenance and storage, attach them properly to your hair, and you’re pretty much good to go!
How Can We Help You?
If you’re looking for seamless hair extensions in the UK, Foxy Locks has exactly what you need.
Foxy Locks have been supplying luxurious and high-quality Remy hair for years. We pride ourselves in offering top-tier hair products partnered with excellent customer service.
We ship to the UK and US—Check out our products today!