How to Pick the a Highlight Hair Extension for Your Skin Tone
The hair is undoubtedly the woman’s crowning glory, as it makes her feel beautiful and boosts her overall confidence and improves the quality of her life.
However, what if you’ve got short hair and always dream of having long hair? The simple answer is to get a clip-in hair extension! Yet, you might get confused when sifting through the colour choices. In this case, it all boils down to your skin complexion. Fret not, as there are various hair extension products readily available in the market that will surely complement your skin tone.
If you’re clueless about how to choose the right colour, here’s our guide to picking the right highlight hair extension for your skin tone:
When it comes to hair extension, blonde is the most popular highlight among women. Here are several options you can consider:
- Ash-blonde: This clip-in hair extension is perfect for women with a cool tone and a reddish or pinkish undertone. Whether silver, platinum, or champagne blonde, it will make a difference in lifting your natural hair and enhancing your overall look.
- Warm blonde: This clip-in hair extension is ideal for those with olive or cooler skin tone and blue undertone. Think of famous models such as Gigi Hadid or Blake Lively as your inspiration. Be it honey, caramel, or other golden tones, a warm blonde highlight can be your best bet.
2. Warm red
When it comes to warm red extensions, you can opt for the likes of strawberry blonde, amber, copper, or rust. These red-tinted warm tones work best with women of fair complexion with neutral or bluish undertones. If you have a fair complexion, check to see how warm red keeps you glowing and appealing.
Brown is another popular colour for highlight hair extension chosen by most women. As with other colours, you can choose between cool and warm tones, as follows:
- Cool brown: This clip-in hair extension works best with those of warm skin tone and a yellow undertone. Be sure to choose between shades of mocha, Ash brown, or rich chocolate brown if you decide to get brown hair.
- Warm brown: This clip-in hair extension best suits those with warm skin tone and olive undertones. Don’t forget to add golden highlights if you want to be a little experimental to further enrich your skin tone.
If you aren’t sure what highlight hair extension to pick, you can never go wrong with black. But even black can be sorted into the following categories:
- Cool black: This clip-in hair extension looks great on women with naturally warm skin. It is also perfect for those with deeper skin tones or yellow undertone.
- Warm black: This clip-in hair extension looks fantastic on women with deep skin tones and cool undertones. You can choose highlights in the shades of dark mocha, cocoa, or brown-black.
At this point, you now have a robust idea of what colour to choose for your highlight hair extension based on your skin tone. To that end, be sure to check your eye colour and your wrist to see if you have a cool or warm tone. Also, match yourself with a celebrity who has similar skin and eye colour to gauge which products suit your skin tone. Ultimately, get your skin tone professionally matched and invest in the right highlighted clip-in extensions to kick your overall look and appearance up a notch!
Are you looking for quality highlight hair extensions? We’ve got you covered with a vast array of options! Here at Foxy Locks, we supply good hair extensions in the UK, along with clip-in ponytails, eyelashes, and other hair tools and accessories. Check our wide selection and place your order now!